Friday, May 18, 2007

Made in His Image...

So I was on the bus, reading this book titled, "Captivating."

It revealed something so obvious that I can't believe I overlooked it.

First off, I need to explain a little about how I've been feeling the past year or more.
Depressed. (Yes, that word is so overused - I'm guilty of doing that too, even in this case, I admit. It's my inner drama queen.)
Lonely.
Longing for something more.

And I know what it is I'm missing, at least I think I do- only I can't seem to get it.
I long for what I think all people want.
Love.
Acceptance.
Real relationships.

And I know where I'm supposed to get it! But I can't!
Not from people.
Not from family, friends - no one.
Only through God.

Only it's not connecting.
What I know in my head, I cannot connect in my heart.

"Why won't He just *poof* make it happen?" is the question I always ask.
What's wrong with me?

And then as I read the book, God spoke to me.
We are made in God's image. It says there right in Genesis.
That includes me, all women (all men?).
And what is one thing all women long for? What do I long for?
Love.
Acceptance.
Real relationships.

So what does this say about God?
That He wants the same things.
And He wants those things from me.
Only I haven't been giving it Him.
The very thing I am longing for is the same thing He is longing for from me.
Now, I don't want to "humanize" God...but isn't that what he wants from all of us?
That He would be our source, our life?
And that by going to Him, He would give life abundantly?

I don't think this will completely solve everything and make it all good.
But I think it's a step in the right direction.
To know that my Heavenly Father wants to provide for me those very things that He desires from me also:
Real love
Real acceptance
A real relationship

Praying that this will happen - for both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad to know! :)

I love you! :)